Images

We Belong to Each Other

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. In fact, we do not just belong to each other. We ARE each other.

I still remember the first time I met you. I was crying because I thought my mom forgot to fetch me in school and I was scared. You approached me and sat beside me but you didn't talk. You didn't even ask why I was crying. You just sat there. So I looked at you and I stopped crying.

I was waiting for you to ask me what's bothering me but you never talked. "He's weird." That's all I can think about that time.

My mom finally arrived and I ran to her and hugged her really tight. When I looked back, I saw you smiling at me and I smiled back. :)

It was the start of a friendship. I didn't even know your name back then. But every time we bump into each other on campus we can't help but smile at each other.

As a fourth grader, that was the best feeling ever for me.  I started to have a crush on you. I love the way you look at me when you smile. Your curly blond hair mesmerizes me each time even though I only stare at you from afar.

Then you and your family moved and you didn't have a choice but to transfer to another school.

I was at the lowest point in my life - spending my high school and college years without you. Each day I was hoping that we bump to each other again - that when I look into your eyes, I know that it will be you no matter how long I haven't seen you.

It was a long period of chaos in my heart. There is no peace within me and I find myself always looking for something.

And I know that you are the answer.  You are the only one who can truly fill me in. And today my dear, I thank God for giving me the most precious thing in the world - the peace I keep searching all my life.

I was sitting on a bench waiting for no one, alone and about to cry. About to cry for the many times I tried to love and all I got are the many times of hurt.

And then... I met you..

You sat beside me and that moment I looked at you, I know it was you. You have grown into the most beautiful man I've ever seen and I know right there, that we belong to each other. In fact, we ARE each other.

And today my dear, as we validate our belongingnes in the house of God and in front of our beloved relatives and friends, I vow to love you for the rest of my life and until life after death.

This is my commitment. This is my fate. This is my destiny. This is not me, it's WE... 








0 comments: